Your privacy is of utmost importance to Skyline and, accordingly, we comply with current Canadian privacy legislation. Moreover, we ensure the safeguarding of your personal information and implement our own best practices that are enforced across Skyline and all of its brands. Specifically, following your express consent, you will receive communication from us featuring various Skyline offerings, including Skyline Hotels, Resorts, Residences, Vacation Club and Amenities. At times, and following your consent, you may also receive news about collaborative promotions with very carefully selected Skyline partners. However, at no time will we release your email address to any third party outside of the Skyline group of companies. Furthermore, please note that an unsubscribe mechanism will always be set out clearly for you so that you can easily withdraw your consent to receive further communication from us at any time.
What Personal Information is Collected
We interpret “Personal Information” as meaning information that specifically identifies a Guest as an individual and is provided to or collected by the Resort. The type of Personal Information the Resort collects, uses and discloses may include without limitation, an individual’s name, residential mailing address, residential phone numbers or email addresses, personal financial and credit information, verification of age for age-related programs, citizenship, place of employment, and personal preferences.
- The Resort collects and uses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Maintaining a record of our Guest’s stay with us for customer service and to better facilitate our Guest’s next check-in;
- Meeting our Guest’s personal preferences and needs during their stay at the Resort;
- Advising our Guest of goods and services offered by, or by arrangement with the Resort;
- Improving the goods and services we offer to our Guest in the future;
- Compliance with all municipal, provincial, federal and other applicable laws regarding their stay at the Resort;
- Advising Guests of present and future marketing campaigns by Deerhurst Resort or one of its Skyline affiliates via newsletters and promotional materials;
- Confirming information necessary for credit transactions with our Guest;and
- Such other specific purposes which are communicated to the Guest by the Resort and its staff before collection.
When Personal Information is to be used for a purpose not previously identified, the new purpose will be identified prior to use.
Consent to Collect of Disclose Personal Information
The Resort does not collect, use or disclose a Guest’s Personal Information without their knowledge and consent, except in certain extraordinary circumstances. Such extraordinary circumstances include without limitation, when legal, medical or security reasons make it impossible or impractical to obtain consent. The most common methods we use to obtain consent to collect and use Guest Personal Information are by Guests completing registration cards, providing Personal Information to Resort staff members over the phone, by making a reservation through the Deerhurst Resort web site or other booking agencies including on-line booking agencies that facilitate making Guest reservations at Deerhurst Resort and by enrolling in Deerhurst Resort’s e-club.
We may use, share among us and disclose a Guest’s Personal Information to Deerhurst Resort’s Skyline affiliates.
Our Guests may choose to “opt out”, thereby withdrawing their consent at any time, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. A Guest’s refusal to provide, or withdrawal of, his/her consent may affect the Resort’s ability to provide the Guest with its services. The Resort will inform the Guest of the implications of such withdrawal. To withdraw consent, a Guest should contact the Chief Privacy Officer at 1235 Deerhurst Dr HUNTSVILLE ON P1H 2E8 or at email@example.com.
Limitations on Collection and Retention of Personal Information
Completeness and Accuracy
The Resort strives to ensure that Guest’s Personal Information is as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
The Resort has security safeguards in place designed to protect against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification of Guest’s Personal Information in the care of the Resort. The nature of the safeguards will depend on the sensitivity, format, location and storage of the Personal Information.
Guest Access and Accountability
The Resort will provide a Guest access to their Personal Information. The Resort will correct or amend any inaccuracies in the Guest’s Personal Information. The Resort has the right to refuse a Guest’s request for access to personal information if:
- The information is protected by legal privilege;
- Granting access would reveal confidential commercial information;
- Doing so would reasonably be expected to threaten the life of security of another individual;
- The information was collected for purposes related to the detection and prevention of fraud;
- The information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process; or
- The information would likely reveal personal information about another individual.
Guests are encouraged to discuss any privacy issues with the Chief Privacy Officer. Upon request, the Resort will inform a Guest on the procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about the Resort’s policies and practices relating to the handling of Personal Information.
As the Internet is not yet a fully secure medium and therefore complete confidentiality and privacy cannot be ensured, Deerhurst Resort will not be liable for any damages resulting from the transmission of confidential or Personal Information to us.