Pick up a hiking map and explore Muskoka’s natural beauty
- Lookout Trail system (trail starts across from the Pavilion parking lot): Lookout Trail, Woodland Trail, Bear Trail, Deer Trail
- Maple Discovery Trail (March-April only) take the path up to the Sugar Shack in maple season!
- Starlight Trail – lit nightly! *currently closed for the spring
- Lakeside Walking & Fitness Trail (seasonal)
- Sanctuary Trail – located just across the lake at Woodland Heights
- “Step Back in Time” Resort History Trail – lit nightly!
Enjoy great hiking at Deerhurst and the surrounding area!
- Deerhurst Resort’s Lookout Trail
- Sanctuary Trail at Deerhurst Resort – click here for map
- Big Bend Lookout and Stubbs Falls trail in Arrowhead Park
- Limberlost Wildlife Reserve
- Lion’s Lookout Trail – Huntsville
- Dorset Fire Tower Scenic Lookout – sweeping views of the surrounding lakes!
- Oxtongue River – Ragged Falls – one of the top 10 waterfalls in Ontario
- And last but certainly not least – Algonquin Park! Park access may be limited on weekends during fall colour season – best to visit midweek. Great spots – Hardwood Lookout Trail and Track and Tower Trail.
See important updates for visiting Algonquin Provincial Park. Key take-aways are to:
- Book your park permit in advance and visit midweek for best availability. The park has capacity limits for permits this year.
- Visit Monday – Friday for best availability
There is also access to the Trans Canada Trail nearby!