Explore Nearby Algonquin Park
Resort Accommodation Near Algonquin Park
The Perfect Retreat for Your Algonquin Park Visit
Experience Algonquin Park in style when you stay at Deerhurst Resort. Whether you’re looking for a place to stay before your Algonquin adventure, a place to relax and recharge or a home base in which to explore the park, Deerhurst Resort is just 30 minutes and one turn away.
Enjoy resort accommodation and amenities just 30 minutes from Ontario’s most famous provincial park.
Offering great dining, tons of activities the whole family will love, an onsite spa to help soothe your muscles after a day in the park, golf…you name it, your next Algonquin adventure will encompass so much more with a stay at Deerhurst.
Algonquin Provincial Park
Canada’s oldest provincial park and wildlife sanctuary is a nature lover’s dream, made famous by the Group of Seven painters and revered the world over. Get your day-use park permits at the West Gate park entrance, about 30 minutes east of Deerhurst Resort on Hwy. 60.
- 14 hiking trails along the Hwy 60 corridor alone!
- Canoe and kayak routes – rent from park outfitters
- Chance to see moose, bear & other wildlife
- Wolf Howl Outings (available late summer)
- Interactive Visitor Centre
- Logging Museum and Algonquin Art Gallery
- and tons of winter activities including snowshoeing, and x-c skiing trails.
Prefer a guided experience? Explore Algonquin Park with Algonquin Adventure Tours offering 6-hour canoe paddles, 3-hour bike tours, 3-hour motor canoe tour or 4-hour fishing charter.
Enjoying Great Hiking Just 30 Minutes Away!
- Hardwood Lookout Trail
- Track and Tower Trail
- Algonquin Logging Museum Trail
- Two Rivers Trail
- See more great trails in Algonquin Park
Directions & Information
Just a quick 30-minute drive, Algonquin Park’s West Gate is a great entry to explore the park.
- Turn left out of Deerhurst Drive onto HWY 60 E
- Keep going on HWY 60 E for about 38km
Once you’ve entered into Algonquin Park you will need to purchase a Day Use Permit ($17/day) from the West Gate access point.