Pick up a hiking map and explore Muskoka’s natural beauty
- Lookout Trail system (trail starts across from the Pavilion parking lot): Lookout Trail, Woodland Trail, Bear Trail, Deer Trail
- Maple Discovery Trail (March-April only) take the path up to the Sugar Shack in maple season!
- Starlight Trail – lit nightly!
- Lakeside Walking & Fitness Trail (seasonal)
- Sanctuary Trail – located just across the lake at Woodland Heights
- “Step Back in Time” Resort History Trail – lit nightly!
Local Hiking Trails
Enjoy more great hiking at Deerhurst and the surrounding area!
- Deerhurst Resort’s Lookout Trail
- Sanctuary Trail at Deerhurst Resort – click here for map
- Big Bend Lookout and Stubbs Falls trail in Arrowhead Park
- Limberlost Wildlife Reserve
- Lion’s Lookout Trail – Huntsville
- Dorset Fire Tower Scenic Lookout – sweeping views of the surrounding lakes!
- Oxtongue River – Ragged Falls – one of the top 10 waterfalls in Ontario
- And last but certainly not least – Algonquin Park! Park access may be limited on weekends during fall colour season – best to visit midweek. Great spots – Hardwood Lookout Trail and Track and Tower Trail.
- Book your park permit in advance and visit midweek for the best availability. The park may have capacity limits for permits.
- Visit Monday – Friday for best availability
There is also access to the Trans Canada Trail nearby!
You might also be interested in
Muskoka is known for its beauty in the summer, yet elsewhere is incomparable to the marvelous fall colours that headline an autumn trip north. No beauty can match the radiant fall red, yellow and orange colours reflecting off of peaceful lakes. However, the exquisite views only last just less than a month in the trees […]