Book Direct for Our Guaranteed Best Available Rate:BOOK NOW
Due to current Covid-19 measures in place, the golf experience at Deerhurst has been adapted for the safety of our guests, members and hosts. Here’s your one-stop Covid Measures & Resort Experience guide to everything you can expect at Deerhurst Resort this year. This will be updated as protocols and provincial restrictions change.
Muskoka’s Premier Championship Golf Course
While Ontario’s Stay-at-Home order is in effect until June 2nd, Deerhurst Highlands and Deerhurst Lakeside golf courses will open for the benefit of fresh air activity as of May 22, 2021 per the province’s reopening plan. (Yay!)
Deerhurst Resort is renowned for many reasons, but Deerhurst Highlands Golf Course is what separates the resort from others in the golfing world. In 1990, Robert Cupp and Thomas McBroom co-designed this par 72 championship golf course, and immediately it established the benchmark for golf courses in the region, spark Muskoka’s emergence as a major, must-play Canadian golf destination. Ranked as one of Canada’s top 59 public golf courses again in 2019 by SCOREGolf, Deerhurst Highlands continues to remain one of the top golfing destinations in Muskoka.
From the first elevated tee overlooking Fairy Lake the par-72 course takes full advantage of the rugged beauty of the Canadian Shield. It’s a bit like stepping into a Group of Seven painting. Bold granite outcroppings and dramatic terrain shifts are epitomized on the tenth signature hole with a sheer granite rock face in play along the length of the fairway. Inevitably, my ever-reliable slice produces an undesirable ricochet.
Except for the open links-style holes four, five and six, the course is a precipitous and muscular romp—not for the faint of heart! Fortify yourself with a protein bar. To restore your confidence, take a swing at Deerhurst’s gentler, shorter Lakeside course, that meanders around Peninsula Lake.
Online Tee Times
Course Description | Par 72 | 7,011 yards
Deerhurst Highlands Green Fees
Public green fees include: Shared power cart and access to warm-up range.
|gREEN FEES INCLUDE SHARED POWER CART|
|Opening – June 10th, 2021|
|Twilight (After 3pm in May, after 4pm in June)||$65||$55|
|June 11th – October 17th, 2021|
|Twilight (After 4pm in June, July & August, 3pm in September, 2pm in October)||$85||$75|
Rental Clubs: Taylormade Men’s & Ladies 2021 models
9 or 18 Holes – $50 (includes sleeve of balls), HST extra
All rates are for green fee and exclude HST. Carts included.
Planning on riding a cart? Scan below to complete the waiver.
Awards and Accolades
- Golf Advisor’s Top 100 Courses based on ratings & reviews
- Ranked #4 in Golf Advisor’s ‘Best of 2016’ list
- Canadian Golf Magazine Top 50 Best You Can Play 2016
- Ranked #38 in ScoreGolf’s Top 59 Canadian Public Courses for 2017
- Score Golf’s 2011 Top Resort Course in Ontario
- 11th of all public courses in the province from 2011 Score Golf rankings
- 6th in the Ontario Golf’s 2011 “People’s Choice Category”
- One of Score Golf’s top 100 courses in Canada since the inception of the rankings in 2000
- 18th among Canadian golf courses in GolfWeek’s April 15, 2011 issue
In the News:
- Deerhurst Has All the Ingredients for a Perfect Road Trip | Fairways Golf & Travel, Peter Mumford
- A Return To Deerhurst Highlands | Fairways Golf & Travel, Peter Mumford
- Deerhurst Resort Highlands Course, Muskoka’s Ground Breaking Course | Alistair Orr, On The Tee Magazine
- Deerhurst Highlands, host of the 2015 Ontario Juvenile Boys’ Championships – read more here
- Deerhurst Highlands, host of the 2015 Ontario Juvenile Girls’ Championships – read more here
- Deerhurst: Granddaddy of Muskoka Golf | Anita Draycott, excerpts from Travel Industry Today (August 2014)