Book Direct for Our Guaranteed Best Available Rate:BOOK NOW
Due to current Covid-19 measures in place, the golf experience at Deerhurst has been adapted this year for the safety of our guests, members and hosts, as follows:
- Driving ranges & putting greens on both courses will be available, but number of players using them at one time will be limited
- Arrival at pro shop no earlier than 30 minutes prior to tee time, and departure is required immediately after the round
- A maximum of 4 people will be allowed in the pro shops at any one time
- Golfers can pay online or pay in the golf shop by debit or credit card – no cash transactions
- Retail items will be available for purchase in the pro shops
- Golfers will have their own golf cart unless from the same address. (Walking is encouraged at Deerhurst Lakeside.)
- Bunker rakes and ball washers will not be on course
- Flags will stay in the holes (not to be touched) and the hole will have a barrier in it so the ball does not go all the way in the hole
- Food and beverage service will be available at the courses. At Deerhurst Lakeside, pre-made sandwiches and snacks will be offered at the pro-shop. At Deerhurst Highlands, to-go selections will be available at outside stations at the beginning and half-way point of the round.
- High traffic touch points on golf carts and in pro shop will be sanitized regularly
- Hand sanitizer stations at door entrances
- Tee time intervals to be expanded to ensure distancing between groups
- No bag drop service
Happy 30th Anniversary to Muskoka’s Premier Golf Course!
Deerhurst Resort is renowned for many reasons, but Deerhurst Highlands Golf Course is what separates the resort from others in the golfing world. In 1990, Robert Cupp and Thomas McBroom co-designed this par 72 championship golf course, and immediately it established the benchmark for golf courses in the region, spark Muskoka’s emergence as a major, must-play Canadian golf destination. Ranked as one of Canada’s top 59 public golf courses again in 2019 by SCOREGolf, Deerhurst Highlands continues to remain one of the top golfing destinations in Muskoka.
From the first elevated tee overlooking Fairy Lake the par-72 course takes full advantage of the rugged beauty of the Canadian Shield. It’s a bit like stepping into a Group of Seven painting. Bold granite outcroppings and dramatic terrain shifts are epitomized on the tenth signature hole with a sheer granite rock face in play along the length of the fairway. Inevitably, my ever-reliable slice produces an undesirable ricochet.
Except for the open links-style holes four, five and six, the course is a precipitous and muscular romp—not for the faint of heart! Fortify yourself with a protein bar. To restore your confidence, take a swing at Deerhurst’s gentler, shorter Lakeside course, a par-64 that meanders around Peninsula Lake.
Course Description | Par 72 | 7,011 yards
Taking full advantage of the dramatic landscape while capitalizing on elevation changes, rugged granite outcroppings and dense forests, Cupp and McBroom created a design that is a genuine representation of the region, while maintaining a highly playable, well-balanced course that has stood the test of time.
Despite its pro level challenges, this 7,011 yard course is rewarding for a variety of playing levels. With 6 different tee deck levels including ladies, juniors and seniors, Deerhurst Highlands provides a golfing experience that is inclusive to a wide range of golfers. With a full service Pro Shop, golfers’ lounge and on-course food and beverage service to round out your golf experience, Deerhurst Highlands is committed to providing you with ultimate Muskoka golf experience.
Deerhurst Highlands Green Fees
Public green fees include: Shared power cart, access to warm-up range and lunch prior to or after your round depending on the tee time. (Lunch is available daily 11:30am – 4pm, full public rate only).
|gREEN FEES INCLUDE SHARED POWER CART|
|SPRING | May 8 – July 30th, 2020|
|Twilight (After 3pm in May, after 4pm in June)||$65||$55|
|SUMMER | July 31st – September 20, 2020|
|Twilight (After 4pm in June, July & August, 3pm in September)||$80||$70|
|FALL | September 21 – October 18, 2020|
|Twilight (After 3pm in September, 2pm in October)||$75||$65|
Rental Clubs: 2019 TaylorMade Mens M6 Series, TaylorMade Ladies Kalea Series
18 Holes – $50 (includes sleeve of balls), HST extra | 9 Holes/Twilight – $20, HST extra
All rates are for green fee and exclude HST. Carts included.
Awards and Accolades
- Golf Advisor’s Top 100 Courses based on ratings & reviews
- Ranked #4 in Golf Advisor’s ‘Best of 2016’ list
- Canadian Golf Magazine Top 50 Best You Can Play 2016
- Ranked #38 in ScoreGolf’s Top 59 Canadian Public Courses for 2017
- Score Golf’s 2011 Top Resort Course in Ontario
- 11th of all public courses in the province from 2011 Score Golf rankings
- 6th in the Ontario Golf’s 2011 “People’s Choice Category”
- One of Score Golf’s top 100 courses in Canada since the inception of the rankings in 2000
- 18th among Canadian golf courses in GolfWeek’s April 15, 2011 issue
In the News:
- Deerhurst Has All the Ingredients for a Perfect Road Trip | Fairways Golf & Travel, Peter Mumford
- A Return To Deerhurst Highlands | Fairways Golf & Travel, Peter Mumford
- Deerhurst Resort Highlands Course, Muskoka’s Ground Breaking Course | Alistair Orr, On The Tee Magazine
- Deerhurst Highlands, host of the 2015 Ontario Juvenile Boys’ Championships – read more here
- Deerhurst Highlands, host of the 2015 Ontario Juvenile Girls’ Championships – read more here
- Deerhurst: Granddaddy of Muskoka Golf | Anita Draycott, excerpts from Travel Industry Today (August 2014)
To contact directly, call 1 (855) 249-8391