Deerhurst Resort is renowned for many reasons, but Deerhurst Highlands Golf Course is what separates the resort from others in the golfing world. In 1990, Robert Cupp and Thomas McBroom co-designed this par 72 championship golf course, and immediately it established the benchmark for golf courses in the region, spark Muskoka’s emergence as a major, must-play Canadian golf destination. Ranked as one of Canada’s top 59 public golf courses of 2017 by SCOREGolf, Deerhurst Highlands continues to remain one of the top golfing destinations in Muskoka.
Course Description | Par 72 | 7,011 yards
Taking full advantage of the dramatic landscape while capitalizing on elevation changes, rugged granite outcroppings and dense forests, Cupp and McBroom created a design that is a genuine representation of the region, while maintaining a highly playable, well-balanced course that has stood the test of time.
Despite its pro-level challenges, this 7,011 yard course is rewarding for a variety of playing levels. With 6 different tee deck levels including ladies, juniors and seniors, Deerhurst Highlands provides a golfing experience that is inclusive to a wide range of golfers. With a full service Pro Shop, golfers’ lounge and on-course food and beverage service to round out your golf experience, Deerhurst Highlands is committed to providing you with ultimate Muskoka golf experience.
Deerhurst Highlands Green Fees
Public green fees include: Access to warm-up range, bottled water and lunch prior to or after your round depending on the tee time. (Lunch is available daily 11am – 4pm).
Mon – SUN
Mon – SUN
|May 5 – June 18 (Spring)|
|Twilight (After 3pm)||$60||$50|
|June 19 – September 17 (Summer)|
|Twilight (After 3pm)||$95||$85|
|September 18 – October 22 (Fall)|
|Twilight (After 2pm)||$60||$50|
All rates are for green fee and exclude HST. Carts included.
Awards and Accolades
- Ranked #4 in Golf Advisor’s ‘Best of 2016’ list
- Canadian Golf Magazine Top 50 Best You Can Play 2016
- Ranked #38 in ScoreGolf’s Top 59 Canadian Public Courses for 2017
- Score Golf’s 2011 Top Resort Course in Ontario
- 11th of all public courses in the province from 2011 Score Golf rankings
- 6th in the Ontario Golf’s 2011 “People’s Choice Category”
- One of Score Golf’s top 100 courses in Canada since the inception of the rankings in 2000
- 18th among Canadian golf courses in GolfWeek’s April 15, 2011 issue
In the News:
- A Return To Deerhurst Highlands | Fairways Golf & Travel, Peter Mumford
- Deerhurst Resort Highlands Course, Muskoka’s Ground Breaking Course | Alistair Orr, On The Tee Magazine
- Deerhurst Highlands, host of the 2015 Ontario Juvenile Boys’ Championships – read more here
- Deerhurst Highlands, host of the 2015 Ontario Juvenile Girls’ Championships – read more here
- Deerhurst: Granddaddy of Muskoka Golf | Anita Draycott, excerpts from Travel Industry Today (August 2014)
The G8 Summit in 2010 may have put Deerhurst on the world map but the Deerhurst Highlands Golf Course maintains bragging rights as the granddaddy of Muskoka’s high-end, championship courses. Built in 1990, it was the brainchild of architects Robert Cupp and Thomas McBroom…
From the first elevated tee overlooking Fairy Lake the par-72 course takes full advantage of the rugged beauty of the Canadian Shield. It’s a bit like stepping into a Group of Seven painting. Bold granite outcroppings and dramatic terrain shifts are epitomized on the tenth signature hole with a sheer granite rock face in play along the length of the fairway. Inevitably, my ever-reliable slice produces an undesirable ricochet.
Except for the open links-style holes four, five and six, the course is a precipitous and muscular romp—not for the faint of heart! Fortify yourself with a protein bar. To restore your confidence, take a swing at Deerhurst’s gentler, shorter Lakeside course, a par-64 that meanders around Peninsula Lake.