Book Direct for Our Guaranteed Best Available Rate:BOOK NOW
Deerhurst Lakeside – Ontario Golf’s “Hidden Gem”
Golf Course 2020 Opening – June 26
This season, Deerhurst Lakeside will offer a 9-hole golf experience on the front nine, to allow for expanded green space for resort guest use during this time of social distancing. We hope you enjoy playing what we consider to be the ‘better half’ of the course, which offers stunning lake views and challenges. True to the Muskoka landscape, you will find yourself hitting from elevated tees, approaching slick undulating greens from deep valleys, and being challenged by strategic water hazards and deep bunkers. The original course was built in 1966, designed by respected Canadian architect C.E. (Robbie) Robertson, and was then redesigned by Thomas McBroom in 1988. The course redesign made Deerhurst Lakeside into one of Canada’s truly unique resort courses.
For a quick round or a chance to warm up before the big links, Deerhurst Lakeside lets you use every club in your bag. The driving range, practice green and well-equipped Pro Shop are great places to gear up and fine-tune your game.
Due to current Covid-19 measures in place, the golf experience at Deerhurst has been adapted this year for the safety of our guests, members and hosts, as follows:
- Driving ranges & putting greens on both courses will be available, but number of players using them at one time will be limited
- Arrival at pro shop no earlier than 30 minutes prior to tee time, and departure is required immediately after the round
- A maximum of 4 people will be allowed in the pro shops at any one time
- Golfers can pay in the golf shop by debit or credit card – no cash transactions
- Retail items will be available for purchase in the pro shops
- Golfers will have their own golf cart unless from the same address. (Walking is encouraged at Deerhurst Lakeside.)
- Bunker rakes and ball washers will not be on course
- Flags will stay in the holes (not to be touched) and the hole will have a barrier in it so the ball does not go all the way in the hole
- Food and beverage service will be available at the courses. At Deerhurst Lakeside, pre-made sandwiches and snacks will be offered at the pro-shop. At Deerhurst Highlands, to-go selections will be available at outside stations at the beginning and half-way point of the round.
- High traffic touch points on golf carts and in pro shop will be sanitized regularly
- Hand sanitizer stations at door entrances
- Tee time intervals to be expanded to ensure distancing between groups
- No bag drop service
With sweeping views of the lake, a challenging layout, and meticulous grooming from tee to green, it is evident why Deerhurst Lakeside has gained a reputation as a fair, fun and challenging course for players of all skill levels.
Deerhurst Lakeside Green Fees – 9 holes
|cart extra – not included in green fee||Public|
|Golf Course 2020 Opening – October 18, 2020|
|Regular||$25, plus tax||$20, plus tax|
- Optional Cart Fee: $15/person for 9 holes, HST extra
- Pull Cart: $5 for 9 holes, HST extra
- Rental Clubs: 2020 Taylormade SIM model
9 Holes – $20, HST extra
- Replay Rate: (walking or with cart): $15, HST extra
Golf at Deerhurst Lakeside after 1pm is included in the nightly resort fee if you are a overnight guest (cart & rental clubs extra).
All rates are for green fee only and excludes HST and cart fee.
In the News:
- Deerhurst Has All the Ingredients for a Perfect Road Trip | Fairways Golf & Travel, Peter Mumford
- Deerhurst Resort Lakeside Course, Playable, Fun, Fast and Shot Making Required | Alistair Orr, On The Tee Magazine
Deerhurst Lakeside Memberships – 9 holes
Golf memberships at Deerhurst offer excellent value on our Lakeside 9-hole golf course and include reciprocal play rates at Horseshoe Resort. Discover how membership here is like no other club in Muskoka.
To contact directly, call 1 (855) 249-8391