Visit Arrowhead Provincial Park and Skate the Ice Trail
Closed for the season
Make Deerhurst Resort your home base to enjoy one of Muskoka’s most popular attractions, the Arrowhead’s 1.3km Ice Skating Trail. Located just 10 minutes from the resort, this is a winter experience like no other, and a must-do in the area. Arrowhead Park offers a variety of winter wonderland activities. And Deerhurst guests may use skis, skates or snowshoes from the resort to enjoy at the park.
Vehicle day passes are extra, and access may be limited during peak periods. See below for important information about booking your day pass in advance. All activities are subject to weather and snow or ice conditions.
- Skating: Glide through the forest on Arrowhead’s 1.3 km ice trail – it’s a Muskoka ‘must do’
- Cross-country skiing: There are 28 km of classic ski trails and 16 km of skate ski trails, ranging from beginner to expert level
- Snowshoeing: explore the 8+ km of marked snowshoe trails, as well as off-trail snowshoeing through mature hardwood forest
BEFORE YOU GO
- Check out the Ski Report on the Ontario Parks website (updated daily at 9:00 a.m.) for skate and ski trail conditions
- Follow Arrowhead on X for live updates
- Reserve your park permit up to 5 days in advance.
DAY PASSES & ADVANCE RESERVATIONS
Daily park permits cost $21 per day, per vehicle. Park capacity is limited.
If you’re looking to guarantee entry to the park, make sure to reserve your daily vehicle permit in advance online or by phone. Permits can be reserved up to 5 days in advance.
- Reserve permit online (For ‘Fire & Ice’ nights, make sure you select the “Day Use + Fire and Ice Evening Skate” option.)
- Call 1-888-ONT-PARK (1-888-668-7275) from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST
- Park is open 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Ice trail is open 9:00 – 11:30am and 1pm – 5pm
- “Fire & Ice” evening skates are planned for every Friday and Saturday starting in late January subject to weather and ice conditions. (Check the Ski Report or X for updates.)
Click here to see more information and frequently asked questions or call 705-789-5105.
HOW TO GET THERE
From Deerhurst Resort, head west on Hwy 60 (back towards Huntsville) and turn right at the lights at Muskoka Rd 3 (just past the Tim Horton’s). Turn right onto Arrowhead Park Road.
For more information: Arrowhead Provincial Park
Read more about the ice skating trail here:
- LIVE! with Kelly & Michael talk about Arrowhead’s Ice Skating Trail
- Explorers’ Edge: The Ice Trail at Arrowhead Provincial Park
- Canadian Traveller: Gliding Along the Ice Skating Trail in Ontario’s Arrowhead Provincial Park
- Huffington Post: Arrowhead Ice Skating Trail In Muskoka Allows Canadians To Skate Through The Forest
*All activities are subject to weather and snow/ice conditions.