A Culinary Weekend With Chef Michael Smith
February 23 – 25, 2024
Calling all foodies for this East Coast Kitchen Party with Chef Michael Smith and the Inn at Bay Fortune culinary brigade! Come for a weekend of great food, live music, fun-loving East Coast vibes and the once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from, cook and dine with the legendary Chef Michael Smith. Learn more here.
Included In Your Stay:
East Coast Kitchen Party Culinary Weekend With Chef Michael Smith
- Friday Shuck ‘n’ Sip Welcome Party with Chef Michael Smith | 630 – 9pm: Kick off the festivities at an East Coast Oyster Bar reception with roaming hors d’oeuvres from Michael’s latest best-seller Farmhouse Vegetables. Live music, oyster shucking, plus beer and sparkling wine samplings to top off the evening.
- Saturday Book Signing | 10 – 11am: Bring your Chef Michael Smith cookbook for signing or purchase his latest release, Farmhouse Vegetables ahead of time right here at the resort
- Mind Of A Chef – Live Q&A Talk With Chef Michael Smith | 1 – 2pm
- Winter Activities & Caesar Samples At The Deerhurst Ice Bar | 2 – 4pm: Enjoy frozen fun outdoors and warm up by the fires at Maple Patio with a sample from Matt & Steve’s Caesars
- Use of Cross-Country Skis, Ice Skates, Snowshoes, Disc Golf and Kick Sleds
- Access to cross-country ski trails, snowshoe trails and skating rink
- Skating Party with music, hot chocolate & treats!
- Great Big Dinner Party, East Coast Kitchen Style
- Cocktail Reception | 6 – 7pm
- Interactive Dinner With Chef Michael Smith | 7pm: You’re invited to a dinner party like no other! Bring your appetite and your A-Game as you and your tablemates plunge into an interactive meal full of flavours and fun. Every guest plays a role and everybody gets to shine. The menu features authentic flavours from the Inn at Bay Fortune with a few twists and turns.
- Party seating tables of 8 people. No assigned seating, come early to sit with your group!
- Bar Available For Purchases: Opens at 6pm
(All outdoor activities are weather dependent. Included activities are provided by your nightly resort fee)
About Chef Michael Smith
Smith is a member of the Order of Canada, passionate PEI Food Ambassador, a best-selling cookbook author, innkeeper, educator, professional chef and home cook. Chef Michael and his wife Chastity are the proprietors of The Inn at Bay Fortune and The Inn at Fortune Bridge on Prince Edward Island. The FireWorks Feast, their innovative and immersive dining experience, is one of Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants. We can’t wait to welcome Chef and his team back to Deerhurst!
Culinary Weekend Partners
Enhance Your Experience
Make your Muskoka Getaway as relaxing or active as you like with so many additional things to do at Deerhurst and in the area. (Additional costs apply; click for details.)
*Package rate is per room, per night, based on double occupancy (two adults per room) with up to two children 18 years and under sharing parents’ room free. Rates shown are applicable to select accommodation and dates, and may fluctuate based on dates and availability. Subject to availability, select dates and minimum stay requirements. HST and resort fee are additional.
Deerhurst Resort is not responsible for any package components or recreational facilities made unavailable due to weather and/or circumstances beyond our control. Advance booking is recommended for show, spa and other recreational activities. For complete details, including our deposit and cancellation policy, please click here.
Deerhurst’s romance package will have you dreamin’ of sharing new experiences together in the outdoors, or simply relaxing in each others’ company as you immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Muskoka.
December 22, 2023 – March 16, 2024
Embrace the great Canadian winter and take advantage of Deerhurst Resort’s Ski & Stay package
All your B&B essentials in one package!